Seattle Six Month Smiles
by Lance Timmerman DMD
Six Month Smiles is very popular. Do you want to straighten a crooked smile but don’t like the thought of spending a year or more in braces? Although this is the expected time for traditional braces and even more modern alternatives, Six Month Smiles is a new approach to orthodontics that can give you a straighter smile in six months or less. Although it uses traditional braces, it focuses on the part of your smile that matters most to give you quicker results, with less discomfort, than traditional braces.
Not everyone is a candidate for Six Month Smiles, but you may be. To learn whether you can take advantage of this exciting new orthodontic technique, please call (206) 965-9871 or [link id=’3′ text=’email’] Dr. Lance Timmerman in Seattle today.
How Six Month Smiles Braces Work
All orthodontics use basically the same principles to move your teeth. They apply gentle consistent pressure that encourages your body to reshape the bone around your teeth, allowing them to move. The speed of this process is limited by your body’s ability to reshape and remake bone, which is why even alternative orthodontics like Invisalign have a similar treatment period to traditional braces.
But not all teeth move at the same speed. In fact, the front teeth, the ones visible when you smile, move more quickly than the larger back teeth, your molars. Six Month Smiles focuses on moving just the visible front teeth, so you can get the results that matter to you in less time.
Advantages of Six Month Smiles Braces
Six Month Smiles offers many advantages for patients, including:
- Shorter treatment period
- Clear brackets and tooth-colored wire makes the braces subtle
- Lower force leads to less discomfort
- Shorter treatment means lower risk of hygiene-related problems like cavities or gum disease
- Usually less expensive than other options
These advantages make Six Month Smiles a great treatment option for many people. Although it can’t help fix serious bite problems, it can give cosmetic improvement quickly.
For many people, the promise of orthodontic treatment that is not only quicker, but more comfortable is a big plus. Six Month Smiles accomplishes this because the major discomfort of orthodontic treatment comes from the movement of the molars, which are not moved during this treatment.
What Can Six Month Smiles Treat?
Six Month Smiles can be used to treat teeth that are:
It does not provide improvement of your bite or address discomfort caused by poorly fitting molars.
However, most adults and teens over 15 are candidates for Six Month Smiles.
Other Braces Options
The Inman Aligner™
The Inman Aligner™ is a removable orthodontic appliance that is designed to straighten your teeth and give you an attractive smile. It uses gentle pressure on both the front and back of your teeth in the form of two aligner bows to straighten your smile with gentle pressure in as little as 8-16 weeks.
Some of the many advantages offered by the The Inman Aligner include:
- Speed: The Inman Aligner is the fastest orthodontic treatment available. It takes only 8-16 weeks.
- Comfort: When you wear braces or use an aligner system, you periodically increase the forces on your teeth, either at tightening appointments or when you switch to a new aligner. This results in soreness and discomfort. With the Inman Aligner, the forces on your teeth are constant.
- Removable: Because the Inman Aligner is completely removable, you have no diet restrictions or special cleaning required.
- Ease: The Inman Aligner is more forgiving than other orthodontic treatments. You don’t have to wear it as many hours a day.
- Price: For most people, the Inman Aligner is less expensive than alternative orthodontic treatments.
Invisalign is a new, more comfortable, more gentle way to straighten your teeth. Instead of using traditional wires and brackets, Invisalign uses BPA-free plastic aligners to move your teeth with gentle, constant pressure. A digital scan is taken of your teeth, which is sent to a lab where a series of plastic aligners are created to move your teeth in the best way possible. You use each aligner for about two weeks before switching to a new one to continue moving your teeth where the old one left off. Invisalign offers many advantages over traditional treatments such as:
- Nearly invisible aligners
- No diet restrictions
- No special cleaning
- Smooth, comfortable plastic rather than metal wires that can nick cheeks
To learn whether you are a candidate for Six Month Smiles or any of our other braces alternatives, please [link id=’3′ text=’contact’] Dr. Lance Timmerman in Seattle today for an appointment to discuss your options today.