Dental Implants Seattle, WA: Located in Tukwila & also serving Renton, Burien, Bellevue, & Southcenter
Missing teeth are detrimental not only to one’s oral health, but to one’s self-esteem. It is hard to smile with confidence when you are missing a tooth. Having a gap can also make simple tasks, such as eating or talking, more difficult.
There is no need to live with ill-fitting, inconvenient dentures or an embarrassing gap between your teeth. Dr. Lance Timmerman is a top-notch dentist in Seattle that patients can trust. He has undergone advanced training in full mouth reconstruction and advanced functional aesthetics, among other areas, and has helped numerous patients restore their smiles using dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post surgically inserted into your jawbone. It is a replacement for a natural tooth root and is used to support a crown or bridge, giving you a natural-looking, functional smile.
Dental implants are a solution for almost anyone who is missing a tooth or teeth. The implant functions just as the tooth root did, making eating and talking easy once again. Dental implants are frequently used as part of smile makeovers.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Getting a dental implant is a somewhat involved process that requires undergoing oral surgery. The results, however, are well worth the time and effort.
- The first step is to have a consultation with Dr. Timmerman. Most people who are missing a tooth will benefit from dental implants, but they are not for everyone. During your consultation, Dr. Timmerman will discuss all your treatment options with you, and determine whether you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- The next step is to undergo oral surgery to have the titanium post implanted into the jawbone. Afterward, there is a waiting period, as the post must fuse with the bone to become stable and permanent.
- Next, an abutment is placed atop the implant. This connects the implant to the crown or bridge.
- The last step is to have a porcelain crown or bridge attached to the abutment. The end result looks completely natural and restores function to the patient’s mouth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a common treatment option for several reasons.
- By surgically placing an implant, the patient no longer has to worry about an embarrassing gap. Replacing missing teeth can make confidence soar.
- Implants function just as normal teeth do. They are not removable, and they do not move as you eat or speak; for many people, this makes them a better option than dentures.
- Implants are designed to last a lifetime. They are a permanent solution to the problem of missing teeth.
- Dental implants can also improve oral health. When a tooth is missing, the jawbone is not stimulated. Stimulation from a tooth or implant is necessary to prevent bone loss.
Dental implants can completely transform your smile and give you a major confidence boost. If you are missing a tooth (or multiple teeth), an implant may be the right solution for you. Dr. Timmerman provides dental implants Seattle patients trust to improve their smiles long-term. If you live in Seattle, Tukwila, Bellevue, Renton, Burien, Southcenter or the surrounding area, call our dental office today to schedule a complimentary dental implant consultation.
Dental Implants in Seattle, Tukwila, Renton, Burien
Dr Lance Timmerman DMD, a Seattle implant dentist, uses software from Nobel Biocare, NobelClinician, to be certain that when he places dental implants they are precisely where they need to be.
Precision is VERY important with dental implants. If the dental implant is in the wrong place, there is a risk that they won’t osseointegrate (fuse to the bone), sever the nerve, fall out or be impossible to restore. With CAD/CAM precision, dental implants can be exactly where they need to be. Since Dr Timmerman is also a restorative dentist you can be sure that he can actually place a crown or denture on the implants. The same cannot always be said when another doctor places the implants, as many surgeons are only concerned with getting the implant into the bone and are not giving thought to the final restoration.
If you would like dental implants and want to be sure of the most precise placement, call Dr Lance Timmerman DMD for a consultation. He is a leading Seattle implant dentist! 206-241-5533.