BOTOX ® – Tukwila, WA
Reduce Signs of Aging
You’ve likely contorted your face to show that you’re happy, sad, scared, angry, disgusted, or surprised. In fact, according to researchers at Ohio State University, humans can make 21 different facial expressions to show their range of emotions. Each time you make one of these expressions, the muscles underneath your skin tense and bunch up, causing the elastin under your face to begin breaking down, which creates wrinkles and fine lines that make you appear older. Other factors such as sun exposure, smoking, and genetics can make wrinkles appear as well. Fortunately, Dr. Timmerman is a trained cosmetic dentist and offers BOTOX treatment to help restore your youthful glow and allow you to feel more confident in your appearance.
Why Choose Dr. Lance Timmerman For BOTOX?
- Experienced Cosmetic Dentist
- Comprehensive Dental Treatment
- Committed to Personalized Care
What is it Like Getting BOTOX?
BOTOX injections utilize diluted botulinum toxin to freeze muscles in your face, helping them to relax and release wrinkles and fine lines. It’s used in small doses to ease facial lines caused by frowning or aging. Typically, patients begin to notice results within five days that last between three and six months.
Good Candidates for BOTOX
Patients who have certain neuromuscular diseases, are pregnant, have skin disorders, or deep facial scars may not be good candidate for BOTOX, which is why it’s a good idea to schedule a consultation with Dr. Timmerman if you’re considering the procedure. Typically, the best candidates for BOTOX are patients who are in their late 20s or older and are looking to fix facial imperfections, including:
- Crow’s feet
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Suffer from muscle spasms
- Smoker’s lines located around the lips
- Lines at the corners of the mouth
Benefits of BOTOX
There are countless aesthetic benefits that patients who get BOTOX injections can enjoy. Some of these include:
- Fast Results. Some patients refer to BOTOX treatment as “lunchtime facelifts” because they can be completed in as little as 20 minutes. Results start to become noticeable within three to five days.
- Delicate Effects. Many patients worry that getting BOTOX injections will make them look like they’ve had “work done.” On the contrary, the effects that BOTOX creates are subtle, delicate, and are meant enhance your youthful appearance.
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedure. Instead of having an invasive surgical procedure to improve cosmetic flaws, BOTOX injections are scalpel-free and require little to no recovery time, while still achieving similar results.
- Lasting Results. Results from BOTOX typically last between three and six months.
- Cost-Effective Cosmetic Treatment. BOTOX injections are an incredibly cost-effective way to enhance your appearance.
Why See a Dentist for BOTOX?
Over the last 10 years, dentists have been authorized to administer BOTOX injections to treat a variety of cosmetic and medical issues. Whether you’re visiting Dr. Timmerman for a quick checkup and cleaning or to enhance your smile with porcelain veneers, you can tackle two birds with one stone by improving the appearance of your face alongside enhancing your smile.
In addition, dentists have already completed countless years of education and specialized training that has familiarized them with the structure of the face, making BOTOX injections a natural extension of their everyday work.
If you have any questions about getting BOTOX injections, don’t hesitate to contact our office. Our team will be more than happy to address any of your concerns and schedule a consultation so you can learn if BOTOX is the best cosmetic solution for you.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I'm Unhappy With My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed I am Interested in Sleep Apnea Treatment View Our Services