Wisdom Tooth Extractions - Tukwila, WA
Keeping Smiles Safe and Healthy
Before oral hygiene became a priority, it was more common for people to lose a few teeth by the time they entered their late teen or early adult years. At that time, the third molars, more commonly called the wisdom teeth, would erupt. Now, many of us tend to take much better care of our teeth and actually don’t have space for these additional molars. To prevent overcrowding and infection, we may need to remove the wisdom teeth. If this is the case for you or your child, Dr. Timmerman and our team will do everything we can to guarantee patient comfort throughout wisdom tooth extractions in Tukwila, WA.
Why Choose Lance Timmerman, DMD for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Sedation Available for Anxious Patients
- Dental Insurance Welcome
- Dentist with More Than Two Decades of Experience
What to Expect After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
As with any other tooth extraction, the aftermath of your wisdom teeth extraction matters. After all, it is a surgical procedure! You need to be sure to heal properly, or you could develop a painful infection called dry socket. Here are some tips to help you have a healthier recovery:
- Keep gauze on the site(s) for a few hours after the procedure.
- Allow a blood clot to form and remain on the surgical site(s).
- Do not use a straw for at least 48 hours because the sucking motion can dislodge the blood clot.
- Eat soft foods for at least a few days after the procedure, slowly building back up to a normal diet.
- Avoid chewing with the back teeth and gently rinse your mouth with water to keep the site(s) clean.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I'm Unhappy With My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I am Interested in Sleep Apnea Treatment View Our Services